BRITs 2016 Highlights
- Father John Misty looking at his phone when the camera is on him after losing out to Justin Bieber for the Best International Male Solo Artist award.
- Adele: "I'd also like to take this moment to publicly support Ke$ha". The first award of the night (for Best British Female Solo Artist), Adele saw the opportunity to make an important statement and she took it.
- Adele's boyfriend mouthing "I love you" to her during her acceptance speech for the Global Success Award.
- Tame Impala winning Best International Group, beating Alabama Shakes. I didn't see that coming, but I'm so glad it did.
- Kevin Parker getting confused about which way to face during his acceptance speech on behalf of Tame Impala. Damn that circular stage.
- Bjork's unsurprisingly insane get-up during her video speech for Best International Female Solo Artist.
- Van McCan's short and sweet acceptance for the Catfish & the Bottlemen win for British Breakthrough Act: "Thanks. See ya in a bit."
- Annie Lennox and Gary Oldman's beautiful tributes to David Bowie.
- Lorde's equally beautiful tribute to Bowie. The girl's got some serious guts to tackle a classic like Life on Mars?, and she sure did give it some oomph in a performance that put Gaga to shame.
- Twitter generally being on fire all night.
Music in the UK has been abducted by massive cunts THE END LG x— Liam Gallagher (@liamgallagher) February 24, 2016